WHAT IS THE GAME FORMAT / WHAT ARE THE SETTINGS?
Each league will have their own, more specific, FAQs concerning gameplay, settings, etc.
The global FAQ are more generalized rules that govern the entire site.
WHAT TYPE OF LEAGUES ARE THERE ARE UNITED LEAGUES?
United Leagues currently has 4 types of leagues:
- Standard League
- The bread and butter leagues of the UL network. The standard league only tracks a few team stats and no player stats.
- Rosters are the official updated rosters that are provided in-game.
- Standard leagues are available to any UL Member.
- Standard leagues have a league fee of $5.46 per season.
- Ladder League
- Ladder leagues are a monthly league that is a ranking of all players involved. The only stat that is tracked are wins and losses.
- Rosters are the official updated rosters that are provided in-game.
- Ladder leagues are available to any UL subscriber.
- Ladder leagues have a league fee of $5.46 per season
- Enhanced League
- Enhanced leagues are very similar to standard leagues, however they have more stat-tracking and custom rosters.
- Franchise League
- Franchise leagues utilize in-game league tools (Madden CFM, for example), while still following rules that are set by United Leagues.
WHAT IS THE SPORTSMANSHIP POLICY?
- Members are expected to uphold principles of sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- You will show respect for your opponents and respect for the sports that you are simulating.
- You will be expected to communicate in a polite, acceptable manner during any communication related to United Leagues.
- You will refrain from running up the score.
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to forfeit a game or make up scores / stats for a game.
- You will be expected to play fairly without the use/help of known cheats/glitches.
- You will be expected to use a mic during the game – the technology is there and you are expected to use it to some degree. Choosing not to talk is ok – but you must meet up with your opponent, say “hello” and wear the mic during the game. This is done to alleviate against any game play issues or the possibility of a dropped game.
- Owners exhibiting unsportsmanlike behavior at any time during their membership at United Leagues will be subject to removal.
- The commissioner has the right to make a game be replayed at any time for any reason.
- If there is a history of bad game play (i.e. complaints in the Discord or to the commissioner), the commissioner can step in at any time to overview the situation and make a judgment call on the game.
CAN I PLAY WITH INJURED/SUSPENDED PLAYERS?
Players get hurt or suspended in real life and if a roster update comes out, that player may be set as a bench player – however as long as he is on your roster, you can play with him. You can play with ANY player on your roster, as long as it is current.
WHAT ARE THE POLICIES REGARDING GAMERTAGS / USERNAMES?
United Leagues reserves the right to reject membership based on offensive, inappropriate or close association with currently used gamertags or usernames.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE MY GAMES?
The following means should be used when scheduling your games:
- United Leagues Discord
- System Messaging (Xbox Live, PSN)
- UL Private Messaging – Your opponent will receive the message after logging in.
- Contact The Commissioner – If you have tried everything in an attempt to schedule your game, contact the league commissioner – they will assist in getting in touch with them.
BULK/JUNK MAIL FOLDERS
- Just a warning to everyone, emails that we send out to everyone in a league might end up in your bulk mail folder as it COULD look like spam…
- Suggestions: Create rules for each league and have it send it to your inbox. For example: Anything with the subject line of United Leagues, send it to your inbox…
- While 99% of the info from this league network will be posted in the Discord – you WILL be held responsible for any emails we send out – it is not our fault that you do not get it…
- Another reason to check the Discord at LEAST once a day for updates/news.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IF I AM GOING TO BE AWAY FROM MY XBOX FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME?
- Post your absence in the out of office channel in the UL Discord.
- Contact your upcoming opponents and make them aware you will be gone for a while and when you will return.
- Make a post in the league forum stating you will be gone and for how long.
- If you do not follow these steps, you will be subject to removal.
AFTER A GAME IS PLAYED, WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
- The winning team is responsible for reporting results. In the event of a draw/tie, the home team is responsible for reporting the result.
- Make sure the score and all stats for the winning / losing team are correct when submitting them.
- If there are any scores or stats that were posted incorrectly, contact the commissioner as soon as possible.
CAN MORE STATS BE KEPT?
- Yes, we can keep more stats. The question is will we keep more stats? The answer is no. We are a bare minimum stats league network. The basis of United Leagues is to track 3 basic stats in each league. We have found that this reduces the desire for most guys to stat pad and reduces the amount of problems we deal with on a daily basis.
- United Leagues is purely about the competition and sportsmanship, not about writing down stats of video game versions of real players for 20 minutes after the game. Most guys in United Leagues do not play for stats, they play for wins and for the group of great owners these leagues possess. There are plenty of leagues out there that cater to guys who are into the glory of stats, and we are proudly not one of them.
CAN WE USE ONLINE LEAGUES BUILT INTO OTHER GAMES?
- Some league will be designated as a “franchise league” which will include using the online tools built into the games. However, each owner’s history will be scrutinized before they are allowed to join. Also each owner must participate in another regular season league to be eligible.
For the rest of our leagues, they will remain here as standard leagues that do not use the online tools:
- These services are unstable at best – there have been many issues in the past where they were down and you could not login to get your game in.
- We will not allow player trades as it is OUR job to keep teams filled to finish the league – if someone gets a team and trades away all the good players – no one will want to take that team.
- This site is for casual players – introducing player stats and trades takes the “casual” out of it and forces the casual players out of the league.
HOW IS THE DRAFT ORDER SET FOR THE FIRST SEASON OF A NEW LEAGUE?
- All drafts for the first season of a new league will be randomly ordered.
HOW IS THE DRAFT ORDER SET FOR SUBSEQUENT SEASONS OF AN EXISTING LEAGUE?
- ROUND 1: Members entered in Round 1 are returning owners. Based on reverse order of the previous season’s standings
- ROUND 2: Round 2 draft board will be new members randomly ordered.
CAN I TRADE MY DRAFT PICK?
- Trading of draft picks must be made in writing to the draft pick trading channel in the United Leagues Discord by all parties involved in the transaction.
- Under no circumstances may teams be traded after the start of a season.
- Trades may involve draft picks only.
- All trades will be reviewed by United Leagues staff and may be rejected at any time.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE GAME IS DISCONNECTED?
- A game is not an official game until a full game is played.
- If a disconnect occurs, the game must continue where the disconnect occurred. Simply restart with the same score and play the amount of time remaining or if both owners agree, the game can be played over.
- One caveat, the game can be replayed at any time; it just depends on the both owners.
- If a game is too laggy, both owners can decide to start the game over, or wait till another time to play. This decision needs to be made early on.
- It is a good idea to take down the stats after every quarter/half.
- If a decision has to be made about the game after a disconnection, and the commissioner has to step in – this decision will be final.